9.02.2010

Letter Cc

"C" topics...cow, cat, colors, caterpillar

{Circle Time}
Calendar...Talk about the month and days of the week and put sticker on the day we are discussing.

Reading...I try to incorporate one book that has the days of the week, just to keep reinforcing them. This week we read...Chickens to the Rescue by John Himmelman.

My "c" Book by Jane Belk Moncure

The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle

If You Give a Cat a Cupcake by Laura Numeroff

Click Clack Moo, Cows That Type by Doreen Cronin

Caps for Sale by Esphyr Slobodkina

Chicka Chicka Boom Boom by Bill Martin

Songs/Rhymes...The C says..., Who Took the Cookie From the Cookie Jar, C is for Cookie

{Letter Craft}
C is for Caterpillar...inspired by this blog
{Activities}
Coloring...Letter Cc, Very Hungry Caterpillar, cow, cat

Spelling...We worked on spelling COW this week. I wrote the word and drew a picture on our dry erase board. Each day I had Little Bit spell and sound out the word.
...I also had a tray set up with some magnetic letters and cards with words {COW, CAT, CUP, CAP}. Little Bit placed the corresponding letters over the letters on the cards. Then we would work on the sounds of each letter.

Counting coins...Roll dice and then count out that number of coins

Drawing...I printed off a sheet for Little Bit to practice drawing circles. I had her hold the crayon and I helped her draw...so she could get the feel for how to do it.
...We also wrote with chalk outside!

Cutting...I printed off straight line cutting sheets to practice cutting skills. We are working on how to hold scissors. I just love the Melissa & Doug scissors for beginning cutting!

Color matching...Similar to the banners I mentioned on B week {that I got at the Dollar Store} but these are colors. I left one banner whole and cut up another one. Then had Little Bit match the colors.
...We also did this color shade matching activity.

Cows...I drew this cow face, had Little Bit color it how she wanted, then we cut it out and glued it on a craft stick for a fun cow mask.
...Ever since we made this marshmallow pig, Little Bit has been asking to make another one. So we made a cow! We did it in a similar way as the pig, cutting marshmallows in half and using the stickiness of the marshmallow as the glue. I used a sharpie to add some black spots and let it dry overnight.

Computer time...We started working in some computer time this week. Little Bit is really getting the hang of using the mouse. The 2 main sites we use are Starfall {we worked in the ABC section with the letter C} and Fisher Price {they have some great learning games and online coloring pages}.

{Snack Ideas}
cookies, carrots, chips & salsa

No comments: