10.11.2011

fall mantle...

I could have fall decorations out all year. I just love the colors...oranges, browns, yellows...just makes me smile! So needless to say I was more than happy to break out the fall decor a few weeks ago and "autumnize" our living room...like that word, I just made it up! ;)

The only thing I had to buy to complete this mantle were the orange pumpkins in the one hurricane. I got them from the Dollar Store. Again I used some books to help add height to one of the larger pumpkins.

One hurricane is filled with pine cones and the other is filled with mini pumpkins I mentioned earlier and acorns {from our yard!}.

I bought this AUTUMN sign at Hobby Lobby for like 90% off at the end of last years fall season. It was meant to be a hanging sign but I just took off the wire at the top and it sits perfectly on the mantle!

This isn't part of the mantle but I just love this vignette on top of the bookshelf. I made the pumpkin art last year and paired that with a twine pumpkin, some twigs and berry springs in a turquoise jar, and of course....scrabble letters spelling out HARVEST!

I still have a few more ideas of things to add here and there....so you might see some more stuff pop up! ;)

No comments: