10.24.2011

a {hoot} of a treat bag...

Little Bit is having a Fall party at school this week and I signed up to take treat bags. I had lunch sacks already on hand so I decided to use those and jazz them up a bit!
You know how much I love owls....so of course I took this opportunity to turn the treat bags into owls! I started by cutting a point at the top of the sack. Then I folded it over and this created the owls head. Then I punched scallop circles out of patterned paper and layered a white circle on top creating the eyes. I then cut a triangle from some orange paper for the nose. To finish off the owl I cut a hill shape out of coordinating patterned paper using scalloped edge scissors.

Here is a glimpse at what I filled the bags with. I tried to keep it healthy and fun at the same time....knowing the kids will probably be filled with enough candy come this weekend. ;) So the bags included animal crackers, raisins, pumpkin straws, pencils, notebooks and glow sticks!

I did two different versions of the owls....pink and stripes for the girls, blue and circles for the boys!

Hope the party is a hoot! ;)


Linking up to Take-A-Look-Tuesday at Sugar Bee Crafts!

1 comment:

Comeca Jones said...

I love owls too cute!