2.28.2012

{laundry room} revamp!

Our laundry room is small and plain white...and had a cluttered feeling. So I decided to organize and jazz it up a bit. I spent less than $10 on this revamp!
I started by removing the manatee rug...it was well loved but totally dingy and I was not digging the fringe edges anymore. I ended up replacing it with a solid brown rug {from Dollar General when there was a half price coupon on home items!}

Next I picked up a basket for $2.00 {also half price at Dollar General} to house odds and end cleaning supplies. Then I added some glass jars for clothespins, dryer sheets and a small one for buttons, etc. The blue tub between the laundry baskets holds extra dryer sheets, fabreze spray and lint rollers.

I also created an art piece for the walls! I used some felt American Crafts thickers to spell out "wash, dry, fold" and then hand wrote "repeat". I cut a shirt and some socks out of felt and added them to the piece.

I didn't want to paint the room so I made a banner to add some much needed color and cuteness to the space {fabrics I had on hand were all from JoAnn's}! I just cut triangles and then zigzag stitched them onto a long piece of ribbon.

Here is a glimpse at the whole space refreshed! I just love it!!! :D

4 comments:

JenMarie said...

Love it!

A.J. Dub. (Amy) said...

What a fun laundry space! Nice job! Love the art and the banner.

Jackie said...

So cute Mandy and very creative!

Mandy said...

thanks for the kind comments!