3.01.2012

card making {on the go}!

My friend Jamie inspired me to try on the go card making! You precut materials for a card you would like to make and then put all the supplies in a container and throw it in your purse. Then anytime you are waiting somewhere...doctors office, picking up child, library, sports practice...you can create a quick card!

I used a Stampin Up wood mount stamp container {clam shell case}. I included all my precut materials for the card, markers for coloring images, adhesive and scissors. {Jamie included stamps in her box but I just went ahead and prestamped my images so I wouldn't have to worry about cleaning my stamps. But at some point I might pack stamps and then I would throw in some baby wipes to clean them with.}

Here is a closer look at my precut supplies. I had room in my case for supplies for 2 cards, with enough paper to make 6 of each design!

The first one was a masculine card. I picked out this cute little truck stamp to use and then paired that with some orange, green and blue paper. I didn't have a sentiment stamp that I liked for this, so I just hand wrote "a special delivery..."

This one is my favorite! I have had this hot air balloon stamp that I got at Michaels for $1 for a while and thought this was the perfect time to ink it up! I had everything precut and stamped for this card except the paper ribbon tabs at the bottom. I just threw in some scrap paper and cut what I needed as I put the card together. I was inspired by this first card by Dawn McVey!

I had fun putting my on the got kit together. I ended up using it while I was out of town visiting family. Little Bit, my sister and I all enjoyed some crafty time together!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay! I love the cards!

Christine said...

This is a really interesting concept!!!!