8.31.2010

shades of color...

I can't seem to find the blog I originally got this idea from...but anyway I made this color shade matching activity for $1.00!!! This is a great activity to learn color shading and also for motor skills by pinching the clothes pins. All you need are some paint chips, clothes pins and glue.

You will need 2 of each color paint chip. {You can pick these up from your local hardware store for FREE...I got mine at Meijer!} I chose 6 colors and went with the rainbow theme. One of the paint chips will stay whole and the other one you will cut and glue to the tops of the clothes pins. {I got my pack of clothes pins from Target's dollar section.}

Wait for the glue to dry and then let your kiddos play...I mean learn! :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

oooo fun!

Shirley said...

Seeing the different shades of color in order is a good example of sequence, a mathematical skill.