8.23.2011

breaded zucchini...{or eggplant!}

I just love zucchini!!!! One way I like it is fried...but I don't like to "fry" it. I have tried it breaded in the oven but just hadn't found the right blend of ingredients yet. Until I came across this recipe a few weeks ago. I gave it a try and yummo!

Well tonight I tried it using eggplant and it was just as yummy! {I meant to take a pic but we gobbled them up too fast!}


Ingredients:
1 zucchini cut into 1/4 inch or smaller slices
1 egg beaten
2 Tbsp milk
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
2 Tbsp parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp black pepper

Directions:
Mix egg, milk, and garlic in a shallow dish. Combine breadcrumbs, cheese and pepper in another dish. Dip zucchini in egg mixture and then in crumbs. Place slices onto a sprayed baking sheet. Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes, turn slices over and bake an additional 5 minutes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Trying this tonight with eggplant! Though I think I am going to top it with some chopped tomatoes/italian dressing/feta...since we really don't like eggplant too much! :) Thanks for the recipe!
- Lana