8.16.2011

patterned paper remake...

Have you ever found a piece of patterned paper in your stash and thought what in the world am I going to use this for. Well those were my exact thoughts with this piece...

I originally thought I could just cut off the bottom portion and use that on a layout. But then I had pictures laying out to scrapbook from a graduation and the colors worked great with this paper. The problem was it was for a graduation not a birthday...

So....I altered the paper to work for me!

I needed to cover up the pinata, so I just cut a piece of white cardstock about 5.5x8.5 to fit from the top of the page to just above the bottom border and wide enough to fit my pics on.

Next was the birthday cloud. I liked the detail the cloud added to the page, so I just took more white cardstock and free-handed a smaller cloud to fit inside and cover up the printing.

And presto chango.....here we have the completed page. No birthdays in site....just a graduation marshall who I am so proud of! Way to go sis!

No comments: