12.15.2011

picture garland {and other holiday decor!}

I recently signed up for a free online class at JessicaSprague.com called Holiday Memories 2011. There were daily instructions, downloads and printables for us to make our own holiday garland. I took the basic idea and did my own thing...

{Do you know how hard it is to take a picture of something hanging on a mirror?! I had lights in the room glaring and couldn't use flash, so these are the best I got.}

I punched stars from book paper and glued 2 together as accents. Then I took pictures of Little Bit at Christmas every year so far and layered those on scallop circles. I also added a picture of the hubs and I when we were babies at Christmas time! I alternated pictures and stars, attaching them to bakers twine. I really love how it turned out!!! Thanks JessicaSprague.com for the inspiration!

Here is a pic of our holiday mantel. I love snowmen and decorate mostly with them at Christmas so I can leave them out for a while!

And here's our tree! Love the mix of snowmen, gifted ornaments and handmade ones!

Hope your homes are all looking festive as well!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i'm glad to see the garland. turned out great! you do have tons of ornaments, tree is cute!