11.19.2010

december daily project...

I just love reading Ali Edwards blog. I especially love her idea for doing a December Daily album! The main concept is to have the album bones ready to go so all you need to add are the pictures and journalling.

I so look forward to the holidays...all the decorations, traditions and events that lead up to Christmas Day. So why not make a special little album to record all those memories! Last year was my first time doing one. I started out small though...I didn't record something everyday of December, I just highlighted a few special things. I used a small acrylic album with varying page sizes. It was different for me but I loved it! So this year I plan to do another one. I'm going to try and do 25 days of Christmas....recording 25 things we do or love that lead up to Christmas.

Deciding on what type of "album" to use is my first struggle. I like to be a thrifty crafter so I try to find something that is fairly cheap. I saw a couple ideas using mini binders and liked that idea...so off I went in search of the perfect cheap mini binder. I didn't find anything at the local craft stores so I took a quick look in the dollar store and this is what I found...
This green little binder is about 6x9....just perfect! And the price couldn't have been better....$1.00!

I also decided to try and use up supplies that I already have on hand. Here is a sampling of my paper, leftover stickers and accents.

Now off to get started creating the foundation of my album!

No comments: