11.06.2010

owl hat...

I have been seeing owl hats everywhere lately....Children's Place, JCPenney, blogland....so I decided to try and make one. I was inspired by this cute one but went pretty simple with mine...{and it only cost me a buck!}.

I started with a brown hat from the Dollar Tree. I took some brown embroidery thread and wrapped it around gathered sections at the top of the hat to make little ears. Using some scrap fabric and felt I cut 2 sizes of flowers out for the eyes. I sewed a button in the center of each eye. Then using another scrap of fabric for the beak...I cut a triangle out with pinking shears. I hand stitched around the beak and outer eyes.

Here is a close up of the finished product!

3 comments:

JenMarie said...

CUUUUUUTE, LOVE it!

Angela @ A Mama's Two Cents Worth... said...

Hopping over from Tatertots and Jello Party.... and just think this is adorable
Angela
amamas2centsworth.blogspot.com

Kitty Deschanel said...

I especially love those itty bitty owl ears :)