11.11.2010

Letter Ii

"I" topics...ice cream, iguana, instruments

{Circle Time}
Calendar...Talk about the month and days of the week and put sticker on the day we are discussing.

Reading...days of the week book...Pigs to the Rescue by John Himmelman
...theme books...My "i" Book by Jane Belk Moncure
Wemberly's Ice-Cream Star by Kevin Henkes
Ice Cream Everywhere! by Marjorie Blain Parker
Isaac the Ice Cream Truck by Scott Santoro
I Wanna Iguana by Karen Kaufman Orloff
Manana Iguana by Ann Whitford Paul

Songs/Rhymes...The I says..., Itsy bitsy spider

{Letter Craft}
I is for Iguana...inspired by this blog
{Activities}
Coloring...Letter Ii

Letter Identification...used craft sticks to build the letter I
...find the letter worksheet
...do a dot letter printables

Spelling...We worked on spelling ICE this week. I wrote the word and drew a picture on our dry erase board. Each day I had Little Bit spell and sound out the word. {This one was a little tricky with long I sound and the "ce" combo.}

Dot to Dot...ice cream. This is a great exercise for getting letters in the correct order and drawing lines!

Activity Shelf...shape matching with buttons and ice cream printouts; counting pom poms; ice cream sensory box; open/close containers; nuts & bolts {matching sizes & threading nut on bolt}
Instrument...We made a tambourine using 2 paper plates. Little Bit decorated them with her do-a-dot markers. Then we put some beans in between the plates. I stapled them together together adding some ribbon hanging from the bottom. Little Bit is loving playing with her new instrument! She shakes it and sings....so cute!
Computer time...Starfall {we worked in the ABC section with the letter I} and Fisher Price{they have some great learning games and online coloring pages}.
...Little Bit also loves to get in some computer time when we go the library. They have computers set up in the children's area with games, stories, etc. Her favorite one to do is Just Grandma & Me by Mercer Mayer. She puts on the headphones and watches/listens to the story! Another one she is getting into is Jump Start PreK.

No comments: