11.25.2010

gobble, gobble...

Happy Thanksgiving to you all! {Thanks for reading my blog...it is such a fun creative outlet for me!} We are thankful to be sharing some time and wonderful food with our families over the next few days....hopefully you are doing the same.

I thought I would share a few Thanksgiving books and activities we have done the past week....

Books:
10 Fat Turkeys by Tony Johnston
Thanks for Thanksgiving by Julie Markes
Thanksgiving by Miriam Nerlove
Thank You Bear by Greg Foley
Thank You, God, For Everything by August Gold

Activities:
...turkey pumpkin...pictured above {We used one of our pumpkins we had out as fall decor and turned it into a pumpkin! We glued all the face pieces on but used thumb tacks to secure the hat and feathers.}

...thankful banner {Using leaves I cut out with my Cricut, Little Bit told me things she was thankful for and we wrote them on the leaves. Then punched a hole in the leaves and hung them on some twine in her room so she could see them everyday.}

...handprint turkeys {I have done this every year with Little Bit...trace her hand and turn it into a turkey! She loves getting her hand traced and trying to do it herself!}

...turkey dot to dot


...thanksgiving bracelets {These bracelets help children learn the story of the first Thanksgiving. Check out this post and get download the instructions on how to make your own!}

No comments: