8.16.2010

coconut tree...

We just love the book Chicka Chicka Boom Boom. Little Bit even goes around reciting lines from it! On several of the blogs I've scoped out, I ran across different versions of alphabet trees they had created for their walls. I loved the idea and decided we needed one in our {classroom} space! Here are the supplies I used...2 brown paper lunch sacks, green tissue paper {or cardstock}, Fun-Tak adhesive {from Walmart}, scissors, letters {from Dollar General}.

I cut the sides off of the sacks and used 3 of the sack front/backs for the tree trunk. I had Little Bit help me crumple them up some before I hung them on the wall using the Fun-Tak. Then I took 2 sheets of green tissue paper and cut them in half....giving me 4 leaves. I just cut triangle pieces out all around the edge of each piece to create the leaves. These are also attached with Fun-Tak. Then I cut 3 coconuts from the remaining brown paper and attached those to the tree.
Tada...a coconut tree!!! Each week I will have Little Bit attach the letter we are learning about.

No comments: