8.05.2010

{school} is in session...

Little Bit doesn't turn 3 until the end of September. Just a few weeks after the deadline to start preschool this fall. So I have decided to do some "school" stuff with her at home. She loves to do {projects} with me so it should be a good time! We are going to do a letter a week, review colors, shapes, numbers and work on basic spelling. My goal is to have at least 3 days a week of "school" time and 1 day for library. We can always do more than this but I don't want to over schedule us right away.

Needless to say I have been planning and organizing to get us kicked off to a good start. We did start this week and I will be posting some of what we have been doing a little later. Right now I just wanted to share our space with you. I am just using a small space in the basement where I had been storing stamp sets and other crafty stuff. After some reorganizing this is what we have....
Here is our little spot! There is this little nook at the bottom of the stairs where we have had this desk and it is the perfect little area for us. We use the bean bag chairs for circle time {where we read books, sing songs and learn about the days of the week}. We put up a chicka chicka boom boom tree on the wall! {look for a post with details on that}.

Here is a close up of the top doors on the desk. I have posted the letters, numbers 1-20 and shapes & colors. I also have a dry erase board to write words on we are practicing. Little Bits apron is hanging on the side of the desk. On the clipboard we have our calendar.

Here is what's inside the top doors of the desk...lots of room to organize crayons, adhesive, pipe cleaners, letters, stickers, beads and the like!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

woohoo, this looks great! i can't wait to start too, just a little more planning and organizing ;)