8.17.2010

Letter Aa

{Circle Time}
Calendar...Talk about the month and days of the week. I printed the month of August out using the calendar template in Publisher. Little Bit puts a sticker on the day we are discussing. I am trying to coordinate the stickers with the letter of the week. We used stickers that said "I love animals".

Reading...I try to incorporate one book that has the days of the week.
A Busy Day by Charnan Simon

My "a" Book by Jane Belk Moncure

Animal Babies by Bobbie Hamsa

If I Were an Ant by Amy Moses

My Heart is Like a Zoo by Michael Hall

Songs/Rhymes...The Lady with the Alligator Purse, Arky Arky, Way up High in the Apple Tree

{Letter Craft}
A is for Alligator...inspired by this blog
{Activities}
Coloring...Alphabet coloring pages...Letter Aa, Noah's Ark

Spelling...We worked on spelling ANT this week. I wrote the word and drew a picture on our dry erase board. Each day I had Little Bit spell and sound out the word.
...I also had a tray set up with some magnetic letters and cards with words. Little Bit placed the corresponding letters over the letters on the cards. Then we would work on the sounds of each letter. {I just used blank index cards and wrote 3 letter A words on them with a black sharpie.}

Math...I printed these different sized apples and laminated them for a sequencing activity. Little Bit put them in order from big to little and little to big. We also made patterns of big, little, big, little...
...I printed this roll & color apple tree. I had Little Bit roll a large die and then count the dots to see which number she should color.

Animal Beads...I set out a container of animal beads {that I picked up at Hobby Lobby} with some pipe cleaners, for Little Bit to thread on.
...I set out these same beads with a divided tray that had 4 compartments for a sorting activity. I had her sort by animal and then by color.

Noah's Ark Lapbook...We created a lapbook using some pieces from here and a few of our own creations.

Imaginative play...act like different animals and make their sounds
...play animal doctor

{Snack Ideas}
apples, apricot fruit strips, animal crackers, ants on a log

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you got a lot accomplished. way to go! now i will just copy your book lists, that's one of the hard parts for me. ;) can't wait to hear about B!